Tuesday, September 28, 2010

:(

My flight to Spain was cancelled. Along with my dreams of seeing the Plaza Mayor, the Prado Museum and testing my Spanish speaking abilities. I was denied visiting my 'mecca' because, from what the email said, the Spanish government has refused to comply with the minimum wage requirements. I had to choice to switch my departure time to the next day (which did not give me a flight home) or to cancel the ticket for a refund. So I opted for the refund. The preparation for September 29 - October 2 has been immense. I have taken care of every step of the way, flights, hostel, activites, planning/packing only to have it taken away from me :( This was the trip I was the most excited for, even more than Italy. I never thought I would have the opportunity to go back to Spain but I did/do. I wanted to eat bocadillos and croquetas and paella and new things, and have sangria and get drunk and make out with a random Spanish guy and possibly live there forever. What stinks more is that it ruined a really fabulous day. Kellsey and I explored a REAL secret passage way. Spiral staircase equipped with multiple spiders and there webs. I even caught a frog today. Not to mention I have yet to find out if the train tickets we bought at 1 today are refundable. I might have spent 53 pounds for a train to the airport for nothing. Oh and I have a GIANT exam tomorrow. Not a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment