Monday, October 18, 2010

The Lord of the Flies - Amended

While showering, where I have all of my great ideas, I realized I had written about this semester seeming like The Lord of the Flies, and it truly is. Today was a pretty normal day in all honesty, I went to classes had a stupid meeting, and I got a package today which was great. Then after the meeting there was a basketball game. There was facepainting before and this guy, I'll call him Jack, wanted to be painted. Kellsey and I went to paint him and well he was pretty trashed. In the process Jack knocked Kellsey's glasses off of her face and proceeded to step on them on accident. My heart was crushed. He didn't know what happened, we explained, Kellsey didn't cry which was great but she is devastated. I feel awful for her. Then he was kicked out of the basketball game. So when I was in the shower I realized that Jack broke Piggy's specs.. just like in the book; if Kellsey is Piggy, that makes me Ralph. I guess its up to me to keep things together. I know the ending won't be quite the same which is good, but I'm pretty sure Simon is supposed to die next :( Not to mention we are all stranded on an island after our plane/boat "crashed." We started out all together then divided. Party vs non-party. It's a shame this semester isn't like Harry Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment